Coffee Mushrooms: Day 39

image

This morning I noticed that the fruiting bodies were mostly coming from those better-ventilated, dry patches, and that they were heading for the ventilation holes.

I looked at the plastic bag we used to keep humidity in the bucket high. It has a bunch of perforated holes. I previously had to pop a lot of the holes open, because the plastic disks were still in there. Today, I noticed that pretty much 90% of those holes were still closed, that the perforations were almost entirely insufficient. I popped all of the holes open with a knife, and am going to leave the bag half-off the bucket for most of the day, to increase ventilation. I poured more water on there so it will be pretty wet in any case.

image

Advertisements